- Junior Cert
- Poetry Study Guides
Here’s the test my Leaving Certs are doing this morning:
Leaving Cert English QB – select ONE of the following
- Carpe Diem means “seize the day!”. You have been invited to speak on national radio about the importance of enjoying life. Write out the text of the talk/advice you would give.
- Compose a leaflet aimed at encouraging young people to be more open about their mental health.
- On behalf of the student body, you have compiled student suggestions for ways to improve the school experience for students. Write the report you will present to the Principal and board of management outlining your findings and recommendations.
If you want to practice, take a blank sheet, give yourself 45 minutes, and see what you come up with!
- A long slow goodbye…
- Lear’s journey
- Some themes in Lear…
- King Lear – Plot Chronology
- King Lear quotes (in translation!)
- Justice in King Lear – how to construct an answer…
- The Old Warrior and Me
- Single text options…
- Tackling the Comparative
- Reading Shakespeare (Othello)
- Game Based Learning
- Originality – Freshness – Energy – Style